Wednesday 31 August 2016

Once Again I topped the Hill


 
Once again I topped the hill.
Once again I topped the hill but tonight it's different.
Tonight it's different, but every night's diff'rent so what's the
diff'?
I topped the hill and a girl called out,
"Can I get a light?" from across the via-duct
Into the nowhere neighborhood with a Wal-Mart Mall,
I heard the call, said, "wait a sec,"...
Almost a blind acceleration trap, but I checked,
Then ran across to render service.

I topped the hill and stopped
For a fine woman with an abandoned butt
Hanging from her smiling dried bottom-lip
Saying, "I know how hard that can be sometimes,"
And I gave her a light while we sussed,
But despite what we've discussed,
I'm the one who has a home.

I topped the hill, and she will too
If none of us know what the other ones do
With a time-worn get-you-through shoe
The eyes trade the burn and in a moment return
The loss of neglected gifts with mutual lifts -
We're ready for our lifetime shifts...

I topped the hill and stopped being surprised
I have become what I devised
To survive what I despised
And realized...the wanderer I'd hoped to find
Is disguised

I topped the hill
I topped the hill with the breath I began with
I began with the breath which topped the hill
I topped the hill with the breath you began with
You began with the breath with which I topped the hill:
You topped the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment