Wednesday 31 August 2016

Status Update


 
Status update: Shirts and skins, shoes and shins, fists and chins.

Status update: I didn't go down. I didn't go down. I kept my
cool with my blood in a pool in my hands to keep it off my ski
jacket.

Status update: I said just walk away and he walked, metabolic
power dripping from my nose into my hands, not touching the
seat, the driver trading jokes through the relaxation in his
accent, wondering why it is still this easy.

Status update: objects in a mirror are closer than they appear.
There is only a fantasy of the absence of cycling. I should not
be here, and I want to be somewhere else.

Status update: life is good. What if I could write myself
something to stand on when I need to extend my reach? Or
write a cologne which sweetens my desires and dreams before
they reach out to touch your nose, your cheek, your days of
the week?

Status update: Status dated up. Dated status. Status UP! Power
nap. POW! Were you there? Did you see? Can you describe
without prejudice, the reason the girl with the star tattoo is the
sweeter of the two? The one for you?

Status update: Watched a good video and a bad one. Do you
enjoy following my eyes as they wander past the best and the
worst like store windows, or neighbors' porches, or the
bathtubs of librarians' flats across the river?

Status update: Status dated up. Shoes and shins, shirts and
skins, the bottle spins.

Status update: Here's some links to work out the kinks, but if it
were my hands...but they stick like the last few minutes of hot
water before the polyester shirt, the courteous flirt, shoes and
shins, shirts and skins...

Status update: I'm on vacation, my occupation a fading
sensation of virtue, leaving raw and sweating smiles fading to
exhaustion and a cigarette, and a question about tomorrow, and
a snarl at the encroaching weakness and the love which fuels it.

Status update: There's gonna be a show before I leave. I have
to go, but I know they'll just raise the ransom on our fading
families, as our dreams get torn off our rooftops with the
shingles and installers, cracked in the sun, flaking off under our
fresh collars and war-stories.
 
Status update: My phone is dead - find me online.
Status update: My hard-drive crashed - use my phone.
Status update: Come find me and take me away.
I was never good at hiding while providing, or deciding, or
abiding in a tyranny which is not my own.
Status update: They cut the line - and it was my favourite line.
It could never really be mine.

Status update: A morning cough, or a delirious dream, or a full-
moon scream, waking in a panic forgetting to breathe, migrating
to the couch to contain the nuisance of irrational fury and
shame, tasting your name in a whisper, flexing our compromises
out of my shoulders and fingers.

Status dated up, stapled through my knees reaching for a hand-
hold in a gust, thinking that I must,
striving for this precarious trust-
shirts and skins, shoes and shins, jumps and spins, maps and
pins, prayers and sins: Status dated up.

Status remembers your smile which came so easy once you
knew you had already fallen, now you're ready to take us all
with you.
The dream and the scream are on the same team.
Status UP! Date up or date status. Dated status.

Status update: I didn't lose my cool as my blood fell in a pool in
my hands.
I told him to just walk away and he walked.
I had to let him walk, because I knew from experience it was not
myself that I needed to protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment