Wednesday 31 August 2016

Love?


You know, I never could love your,
No, but a raincheck.
Plank, but a fly-speck,
Half-hearted hug.
Like holding up a rolled rug.

So I can understand you never loved my,
How high are you? I mean,
Hi how are you?
So here we are, what's up?
Have a pint, have a cup.
So, what's up; so what's up?

And you know, I never could love your.
Paper doll, aren't we all?
What's your number? Never call,
Gotta dance, watch my purse,”
Introduce the friends you curse.

So I can understand you never loved my,
Fuck the system, got a dollar?
Plan for riches, live in squalor,
Sex is boring, wanna fuck?
Screw the Saturn, get a truck.

And you know, I never could love your,
Erica Jong, Ann Rice,
Cosmopolitan advice,
Take me out to see the sights,
Tittering ghouls and blinking lights.

So I can understand you never loved my,
William Gibson and Musashi,
Kinda sexy, kinda trashy,
Nothing on, but gotta watch.
Don't ask me, just pick a swatch.

And you know, I never could love your,

Honey get the phone,
If it's Jess, I'm not at home”
It's someone by the name of Pete,
With whom it seems I must compete.

So I can understand you never loved my,
Honey, get me a beer.”
Just had to see that look, my dear,
I think we're partners in a crime
These barbs we'll learn to love in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment